20071009

Who am I to crush his plans???

Okeaayyyy, I know to some I can seem like I direct my kids into a certain mold but I am hands off on this one! London has always loved the idea of football long before he could catch one. Maybe it had to do with the fact we had his picture taken by a football in the incubator in the hospital. (OKAY STOP!!! It was a gift from Jamies friend and more so a gauge to show how small he was in comparison) Moving on..... As much as I would hate if London wanted to be a ballerina, I would still help him excel if that’s what he loved. Now hear is the catch:

My sweet optimistic son, ohhh London, he is troubled , torn, trying to decide if he should become a "NFL TEAM GUY" or a Policeman. (My med school Ideas have not phased him) Sooooo I always just encourage him to do his best in school and he will find out what he wants to do later. (Thinking this will pass) Oh so Sunday he has this epiphany. "Mom, if you and Dad wont take me to see any NFL games because they are on Sunday...what will I do when I am ON the NFL team?" hmmmm what do you say to that? I can hear myself talking about the whole "Steve YOung" story, and the stories of amazing All Star players that could walk on a team making a hefty salary but choose a different career to keep the Sabbath day holy. But as I speak al I am thinking is "Dude, who the heck knows if you will even be playing in high school" College? Ok a slight maybe depending on agility and genetics (good luck), and WOW...Pro, I am wasting my breath. Call me a dream crusher...NO, I am realistic. But I am supportive and lets face it - Moms are used to lying.

Until then here he is every day...catching passes after homework. Don't you wish you had the world in your hands as you did at the tender age of SEVEN?




Check out this video: The boy has a dream



Add to My Profile | More Videos

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I see my house!

KristiC said...

People can do anything if they put their mind to it. He may just end up being pro, you never know.

But he is young, he will probably change his mind a million other times before the time comes to make college decisions. Maybe your med school ideas aren't out of the question.