20080110

From what I understand I am out of style...or on drugs when I shop

The things that crawled out of my closet tonight was frightful! Actually I have known this for a couple years but whatever, I blame it on weight. I mean seriously, no one finds joy investing in a wardrobe when you hate the way it looks on you. Learning to be content is much cheaper I have found. Or at least I THOUGHT! Handfuls still had the tags on in hopes of them fitting or just a purchased thinking it was a good deal and I would want it for something. The problem is - first I am impulsive, I enjoy finding fun things to buy AND my taste is so sporadic,. I am not sure what my reasoning was for many of the items I found. I blame it on insanity and the small part of me that doesn’t mind breaking the rules of fashion. So I start from scratch. - I am ridding these clothes and hanging on to main staples of the clothing industry. I am excited for this years trends, because now I have an excuse to go get some. There may be hope for me yet.




It is a long story about these shoes but they came to me at a pivital time in life. And no I was not a street walker by profession as it may look- just a little off the wall and shopped probably more for the shock factor than anything. To my Dr.Suess Shoes...you have served me well, I am moving on!
Okey...I actually wore them with jeans but whatever leggins are just as ugly.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Holy Cow! I am positive that Jana Chapman has those same shoes and she would never say they were out of style. I'm sure they are just "quirky".

Tressa said...

I NEVER have the problem of having too many clothes; I have only purchased one outfit since my son was born almost a year ago and I'm pretty sure it had been about a year since I had bought anything before that!! It is time to do a little shopping though; but I need some help when it actually gets to shopping - I don't pick very well.

Chad~Nicole said...

I'm all about the classics. When I worked my entire wardrobe was white, khaki, and black. I think I have like 10 black skirts. I seriously have shoes and clothes that are 10 years old...and I still love 'em!

Cathy said...

so when is the "estate sale"? do you have anything in the sizes for "the full figured woman"? or have you never had the joyous opportunity of being able to shop in those delightful "omar the tent maker" stores!!! everyone who grew up in the 80's still should have a special place in their wardrobe for the clothing from that era!

Cathy said...

oh, another note, you ALWAYS LOOK ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and all DONE UP AND STUNNING EVERY SINGLE and i do mean EVERY SINGLE time i see you! i do believe that you wear anything good, in style or not! you are always a HOTTIE in my book!

Schurtz Family said...

I'm so jealous that you cleaned out your closet. I'm going to follow your lead, I need to do this so bad! I have some clothes from High School that I have to get rid of. And I'm right there with you on buying clothes because they're cute even if they don't fit. I have a problem buying jeans and I keep buying them in my pre-pregnancy size.
Oh, and those shoes really aren't bad. With jeans they'd look great! Don't get rid of them! Pointy shoes are my thing. As Stacy London says, "they elongate the leg," who doesn't want long legs?!:)