20080706

I believe I was the last woman on earth to read these...

Call it hype, I don't know. I finally broke down and wanted to see what all the talk was about this "Edward". I will confess, now don't shun me, I was not all that impressed with the first book. Slow - so high school - blah blah. Little mushy for me in parts. Have I lost all the romantic side of me??? Well I read the first one up at the reunion in 2 days and thought I wouldn't pick up the rest of the series. I guess I was wrong. Is it a sick obsession, I don't know but I read the 2nd book...all 600 pages of it in one day. Lets just say that NOTHING got done that day. I did like it more and it is fun to see the drama and question how it will play out. I will have to admit I am probably not the "Biggest" fan but I will continue on just out of the principle of having started them. (and the movie coming out of course) Thanks Alys and Wendy who were kind enough to offer them out! The craziest part is I am wishing I had the 3rd book "New Moon" - out of habit, bordom, or do I really like these???? It is kind of like catching up with an old friend I guess. I am wondering what happened. Something is wrong with me!

6 comments:

Karen Falcon said...

I don't know what Edward is.....uh oh

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I am now very well acquainted with Edward. I just started her new series, and that is just as addicting. I couldn't put it down.

Chad~Nicole said...

You're not the last woman on Earth to read these books because I haven't read any of them...and I refuse. :)

Morris Mama said...

Just admit it! You are hooked like the rest of us! It's okay! The second book is way better than the first.

Elder Davis said...

You and me both Heather. Just read the first one and am in the middle of the second, but I have to admit I loved it. I guess I'm just a inmature teenager at heart.

tiki_lady said...

I was the same exact way. I read them because ALL the women in my ward read them and could not stop talking about them. I hate feeling left out. I read the first one and felt I was too old for this. I was excited to see what happened in book 2 and read book 3 because I had already started the journey. I should re-read the books again, but I can't bring myself to. I rarely watch the same movie twice unless I TRULY love the movie.