20080925

The 10 week countdown to chaos


Okay maybe not chaos, but change. I am excited but the reality has hit as I read "Baby Wise" and try to relearn even the basics. I completely feel like a new mom, weird I know. I was so young and distracted with drama and life in general in the past deliveries that I did not take it all in. Now I feel like I have a fresh start. Maybe I wont completely mess this kid up as I have learned a few things. My first two - bless their souls were Ginny pigs. I mean business now, so watch out Miss Callie you just may be the golden child. Ohhh wait, I was dreaming. Reality is we mess all our kids up to some degree. We do the best we can and save for future counseling.

5 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

okay i am pretty much in tears right now! i felt the same way when Knox came, and Nash isn't even 2 yet!

It all comes back to ya, and what doesn't, well....like you said....save for future counseling!

I love that!

Tressa said...

You're a great mom & you'll do great with Callie. It is definitely scary though...sometimes I wonder if I can even handle the 3 I have - what am I doing having another one??

Elder Davis said...

It is scary after you've taken a long break but it's so great to have a little one all to yourself as the others go to school. You'll love it!! Good luck and let us know when the baby comes so we can bring some dinner.

Unknown said...

Holy crap, time has flown!

I think whether it's been 8 years or 3 years, we all start feeling "out of practice". You'll be fine!!!

Anonymous said...

I came across some picture of a newborn Bailey at my house. I remember how it brought back all the reverent feeling that a newborn brings when I first held her. You are blessed to get this chance again--savor it! Even the lack of sleep (those moments in the middle of the night with your new little girl will never return). I can't wait to meet her and I would love to see you little sister:) L