
In exactly 24 hours from now I will have moved onto a different life.
Good bye to:
Swollen feet, ankles, AND legs.
Pricking my finger and testing my blood 4 times a day.
Throwing up every night from lack of room in my stomach.
Sleeping sitting up to avoid the pain of heartburn.
Waking to the sound if me moaning from pain of contractions.
Worrying to the point of tears about the surgery and healing after.
Worrying about the transition from freedom to having a sidekick.
Worrying that the sidekick will be too demanding for my mental stability.
Worrying that the older kids won't be a big help.
Worrying I wont lose the weight.
Did I mention worrying?
Hello to:
Healing, pain meds, and a swollen stomach
All the demands of an infant.
All the diapers, feedings, and sleepless nights.
Going back to that phase of life and trying to fit into that world with grace.
Doctor appointments, shots, hoping the baby stays healthy.
Childproofing home and worries of drowning, poisoning, sitter abuse, and SIDS.
Diaper blowouts, projectile vomiting, and hall walking at church.
Hello to ... "sorry I can't make it, I don't have anyone to watch the baby"
....and THAT is just the FIRST FEW YEARS OF LIFE.
Even with all that being said, I know deep down that there will be no regrets in taking on this adventure. After all I wanted it right. I know that there is an indescribable feeling of closeness you feel to each child and you could never imagine life without them. I know that we are so blessed to have the opportunity to raise another as hard as it might be. I am scared, I will admit, but I am grateful and excited to take on this new adventure. May the force be with me. (dont be fooled I am in NO WAY a Star Wars fan, but I will take every last hope I can get)
Thank you family for dealing with me these last few weeks especially. Thank you Jodi for all the millions of things you have given to me for pregnancy and the baby. I never knew anyone could have so much baby stuff. Thank you Kimmy and to your sister in law as well for the clothes and blankets - darling (and needed). Thank you for the huge tub of clothes Stacy and those that gave her stuff too (because I got it as well!). Thank you Tresure for the crib, and you even know you were pregnant and didn't tell!!! If your little girl needs to sleep just bring her over :). Speaking of being pregnant, Alys endured the "Callie Banner" and taught me many things. One of which was being a great friend. (thanks for not puking on it too)It turned out great all because of you and your skills. Thank you to the Craigslist lady that simply gathered up a ton of virtually new stuff and passed it on to me when I was buying something else. Thank you Nana for always being willing to help and cook us meals to freeze for later. And the latest...thank you Nicole for the amazingly sweet gift for tomorrows hospital stay. Way to much and way to thoughtful. She is a great Visiting Teacher!
I know I am leaving things out be forgive me (my brain is on hold half the time).
I have been truly humbled though the whole process and know that we were being looked after for our temporal needs. I know that I am so blessed to have carried this baby and from what we know she is healthy and she is ready to come into this world a bouncing baby girl. May we give her all of the love and protection that we can offer and more. I feel like a first time mom - really - and I am ready for tomorrow. I think :)
If anyone wants to visit I am at Banner Gateway. I should be there from Thurs until Sunday or maybe Monday depending on how I feel.
11 comments:
Can't wait to meet her! You'll do great!
Too late to worry now! It will all be fine anyways! See you soon! :)
Can't wait to meet her. See you Saturday!
Good Luck!!!
You'll do great!
Good luck! I'll be thinking about you! Post pictures asap!
I loved your post. You have such a way with words. You will do great with her. As demanding as Kensley is I wouldnt trade her for the world! Soon the surgery will all be a memory! The good thing for me is I will be working Thursday night so I will get to come see you guys if you are feeling up to it! Call me if there is anything you think you need. I will also have more clothes for you very soon! Love Ya!
Good luck Heather! You'll be great:)
Always thinking of you...
I am so excited for you to finally be done!!!! I am thinking of you right now and you are probably having her right now. You will be an awesome mommy for this baby. I can't wait to see her.
I'm so excited for you!!!! Congrats! I hope all goes well today. You are a fabulous mom!
Post a Comment