20090911

Politics Politics - Elementary Style


When Bailey was in 4th grade she ran - and won - for Student Body Treasurer. London decided to follow in her footprints (along with 20 other kids apparently). London made it to the final 4 stage of the election process in which he was able to do a speech. He did not win but I was so proud of that kid let me tell you. I know it was hard for him to reach beyond his comfort level especially after not being at that school since 1st grade. He didn't know everyone and did it anyway. The greatest part of student council in school is the first part - running. He learned to plan and push himself socially. He learned to support friends that were running. I also think he may have learned that it takes a lot of time and effort on his parents (and sisters) end to support his election process. ie POSTERS
And well, in the end he learned about losing - which I think EVERY kid should experience a time or two.

Great job London - we love you.

2 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Was this one candidate you and Jamie could agree on? :)

dina marie said...

Great job London! I ran for student body president at Hale Elementary in the sixth grade. I lost...to my first boyfriend, Craig Jamieson. I hated losing. I always have and I always will. :)