20080220

Well it is worth the effort I guess



Here you have my ingenious children improvising on what they can do before church. Yes, I say "no T.V. other than church movies before church - or you can always read...." This is what they 'read'.
Jamie was raised in a home where every Sunday never fail it was church - no T.V - and staying in Church clothes all day. I on the other hand (convert) was at the lake - dunes - or a friends house playing. Sometimes I wonder what its like for my kids to be in the middle of the road. Well I take that back, I guess it's not so much middle, they don't play on Sunday, we don't do "late nights" on Sat., and they don't watch TV. before church. - Yes we do after IN OUR Pajamas. We watch football, extreme home edition and sit as a family enjoying the uninterrupted time. Sundays are my favorite day by far. It is so wonderful to see the two kids interact in a different way than the bickering and frustrations of the mid week stress. Sunday is a day I reconnect not only with my family but my faith in the Lord. I can set new goals, take a closer look at our lives and live consciously for once. I also love that when we sit in church I feel the unity of our now established ward. (although I still don't know most people) Who knew Sunday would be my favorite day of the week. It used to be Saturday night, I guess I am all grown up now. Or lazy.

6 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

at least there isn't a t.v. blaring! i say good job!

eva flake said...

Heather, I totally could have written this post! My husband grew up similar to how your husband must have. I on the other hand (even though I am not a convert)had parents that didn't enforce keeping the sabbath. Sunday's will become my favorite once again (as far as hanging out with family and sitting in PJ's) when we get to enjoy our new building and a new time!

Unknown said...

I love Sundays too. My new calling makes it hard to relax, because of all the meetings, but it is still a good way to spend the day. I too will enjoy eight o'clock church and coming home to enjoy the rest of the day. (If we ever get into our new building)

Elder Davis said...

Are not supposed to watch TV on Sunday? Read what kind of books? Well, that's no fun!

krissy said...

Heather i love this post! You are such a great mom, I think your kids are so blessed to see you trying to keep them balanced in this crazy world with different standards. I agree, Sundays are the best.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here