I will admit - parenting at times is not fun, even one bit....but other times it just pays off. Bailey has been struggling to stay on top of all her homework, reports, attitude towards life. I was starting to wonder if good grades were worth our relationship. We worked through the rough spots with time managment (she is a perfectionist and a distracted one at that), I can thankfully say this week paid off. After explaining that she will be having more freedom as she shows a better attitude and takes a more reverent attitude toward learing more about the gospel...she has begun to read AND love thy neighbor (okay annoying brother) I am so proud of her efforts and success. The house has really changed in the sence of calmness and I attribute to the great spirit she brings into it again. I love you Bailey - THANK YOU for doing your best and I am so excited for you to have your first SLEEPOVER Friday. I have finally broke the rule off and we will see how it goes for a while. I just felt it was time for some reason. It will be good for her to test boundaries and make good choices when I am not around. Hey I never said I didnt have a Webkins Bugged with video/audio now did I! HA
20080320
I am grateful....this was a good week
I will admit - parenting at times is not fun, even one bit....but other times it just pays off. Bailey has been struggling to stay on top of all her homework, reports, attitude towards life. I was starting to wonder if good grades were worth our relationship. We worked through the rough spots with time managment (she is a perfectionist and a distracted one at that), I can thankfully say this week paid off. After explaining that she will be having more freedom as she shows a better attitude and takes a more reverent attitude toward learing more about the gospel...she has begun to read AND love thy neighbor (okay annoying brother) I am so proud of her efforts and success. The house has really changed in the sence of calmness and I attribute to the great spirit she brings into it again. I love you Bailey - THANK YOU for doing your best and I am so excited for you to have your first SLEEPOVER Friday. I have finally broke the rule off and we will see how it goes for a while. I just felt it was time for some reason. It will be good for her to test boundaries and make good choices when I am not around. Hey I never said I didnt have a Webkins Bugged with video/audio now did I! HA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is such a sweet picture! Those are definitely the moments that make it all worth it.
Heather, you're a good mom. It's hard to let go and make all their choices for them, I still have trouble with that.
I miss our parenting classes! Looks like you have been keeping up the stuff we learned! Sweet picture!
DISCLAIMER:
Photos dont show yelling ~ still working on my tone...but YES I need more classes. (And time) :)
Post a Comment