20080424

Here we go again, second try.


Bailey started Piano lessons in 1st Grade but is was a struggle to get her to practice with a good attitude and I decided to quit to save our relationship at the time. Lets just say practice time was not worth the melt downs and fights. So we are giving it another go. Piano (unlike dance I feel) she can keep as her talent all through her adult years and it can be a great blessing for her future family. I wish so badly I could just sit down and the piano and play songs for the kids or for family night. Our deal was she was not able to play an instrument until she had taken piano for at least a year. I am hoping that after she sees her progress she will want to continue on and forget the instrument. I mean HELLOOO we have an huge instrument in our living room right?
It is going great so far, we are sad for the student that had to drop out of lessons due to a broken finger but glad for us that we got the open spot!

5 comments:

Elder Davis said...

Heather, you're doing such a great job. Sorry we missed the baptism, we had a wedding that weekend. It looks like everone had a good time. We have one coming up on the 17th for Eric. Hopefully I'll get an invitation out soon.

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Don't give up on bailey's piano this time! I wish i had stuck it out with my girls. Many regrets. Be strong! :)
dina marie

Chad~Nicole said...

I STILL hate practicing. Unfortunately that's the only way to get better. Even when I was older and getting "good" at playing the piano my mom would still have to make me practice. The deal was that I could also have some "playing the piano for fun" time because playing and practicing are very different. Hopefully she keeps with it because it's been a great blessing in my life.

Unknown said...

I had to restart Taryn too. We tried when she was in Kindergarten, but restarted this year with second grade. She is doing fabulous!!!

Kyle and Melissa said...

Hi Heather,

Wow you have a nice blog, I just started one yesterday. I don't know how to invite you to be my friend, but here's my address http://thefamousamosfamily.blogspot.com/
Talk to you soon,
Melissa Amos