20080424

Tonight I was "Pinned"....not by a frat boy, by my sweet son.

Yay for YOU buddy. He has been so excited passing off requirements for earning his Bobcat this last month. So much that he passed off his "Bobcat" and is working on his "Wolf" and all the electives. I am so pleased that he enjoys Scouts. It makes it so much easier to put all the work into it.

I wasn't aware that as Mothers we actually "earn" pins as the boys earn badges. Well, well, well....someone is actually catching on that the Mother is usually behind every straight A student, every Eagle Scout, every well trained athlete and or dancer. We should start requesting "pins" for every 10 hours of work that is put into our child succeeding in ANYTHING. Then on the days when we totally mess up as a mother we can say , "Here, can prove to you I DO a lot for the benefit of YOU" and get off the hook for being normal and frustrated at times. Okay, okay I know it is just a part of Motherhood ~ behind the scenes unpaid director ~ but it is nice to get an award right along side my son. I told London..."Come on lets get busy working on those electives....I want another "PIN" Ha Kidding. It is great to stay involved even when it is just an outright pain sometimes.





And here he is with the "SPECIAL PLATE". We do a thing that anytime the kids do their best at something or try hard we honor them with the Red plate. After they can write in the Red Book log and document their accomplishments. It has been a fun tradition, but one that we often forget to do. Luckily tonight London reminded us.

1 comment:

Michelle Bebe said...

congrats London! It is true, the pins are pretty flippin sweet...I can't wait. I love the RED PLATE tradition! I just might STEAL it! You are such a good mom!