Here is the post that seems to be on most every blog.....
What is your memory of me?
I got this from Alys -
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. :) If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
14 comments:
Well let's see...
I remember the first time I came to your house and I thought it was the coolest house on the block! At some point I remember admiring how much fun you have with your kids and how you aren't afraid to be goofy with them. Then I remember breaking your door handle and feeling stupid but not really because you told me it always breaks.
I remember the meeting you for the first time and I loved that you are such a cute hip mom. I couldn't believe that your kids were that old...I still don't believe it....you can only be 27, I swear! You are so cute and it makes me laugh how cute you are. I LOVE that you think everyone is going to think you are a nerd! Your are too funny! I love ya!
HAHAHA, I just started singing along with your blog song....I remember listening to this song when I was 16!! HAHAHA LOVE IT!
OH, and I have always loved your house!! you are super awesome decorator!!
He he he... Where to begin? She rubs her hands together, a sly smile on her face. Oh but Heather, you asked for it! I have so many wonderfully horrible stories to tell to all of your blog readers. But I won't today. I'll share my first memory of you. The first time you came to our house your came in to my mom's room and laid on the bed and watched the episode of Murphy Brown where she had the baby. I remember thinking, "What's up with this girl? She is my mom's laurel, but I think she thinks she lives here!" Little did I know you would be my roommate only a few months later! Oh the memories. I am still laughing about all of the ones I didn't share!
Seriously, there are too many to know where to begin.
I remember being nervous to visit teach you by myself the first time and worrying about keeping the conversation going. Lucky for me, you're so easy to talk to. I love it. And...I love your cutest house.
I have so many memories of you and (some that I won't mention:) The one that I remember that I have always thought was sweet and sad at the same time was when you told me how you prayed as a child. We were laying on the tramp looking at the stars and you told me that when you were little you would say "Star light star bright..." while looking at the stars and that was the only way you knew how to pray. I am proud of you for teaching your children that there is a God and that they can talk to Him! You are a blessing in my life and always have been--my little sister, my friend;) I love you! L
I first met you through Bailey with Activity Days, then I was assigned to be your VT, then you were called to be in charge of Activity Days, then running with Jana, then Ragnar. Poor girl you just can't get rid of me! You are so much fun to be around! I have always thought you are so beautiful. I also loved your house the first time I saw it and I still do. I remember looking at the frames on the wall in your living room and all the family in the pictures was black. I teased you about having pictures up in you house of people you didn't even know. Soooo, funny!
Heather, Heather. I met you a little over a year ago at a Stake Activity Days activity when you first got your calling...little did I know how awesome you really are! I do remember thinking how cute you were and you were complaining that you didn't look good and I was like, "Whatever. I wish I looked like that on my bad days." I think you are an amazing person.
To complete my end of the directions that the "Tag" gave I write a memory about the ones who didnt post this on their blog or do not have one....
Kristina~ Oh my patient Kristina the little Poston Panther that was giving up her space to share (likely not wanting to I am sure) with a newby fake family member for a few years. What was I 19 or something. I recall you being the walking source of all TV GUide information and would NOT put up with you treasing you about that. The "Mad about You" Show lover to others I can not remember. Ahhh and the horrible blind date I convinced you to go one with a patient of mine after I was married. THAT was painful to watch! Thanks for all the fun memories and all the sweet patience you have and had shown over the last 17 years! WOw thats long when I count it out!
Laurie~
Oops I hit post too soon...
How could I even sum up all the emotional AND tangible memories of our weird kinship. You have been my go to , my protector, and my shoulder to BAWL on many times. Sad for you isn’t it! :)
You were there when I was going through the testing years of boundaries and finding myself and then finding myself AGAIN and AGAIN. Through scares and successes you have been through it all. You understand me and somehow put up with me. Dating years living at your house and advice I probably never took, HA…You always telling me I would end up marrying Jamie and I thought you were straight up NUTS! “He is like my brother…ha-ha” ‘Obviously you have never had a brother’ you would say J
Nothing like the drama I imposed at times. From phone calls of desperation from Korea to driving through the retention base in the stylin’ minivan. And then getting chased. Dance videos after midnight in the house that should be burnt! Snowskiing / water skiing and all your injuries that followed! Late night dinners and being mistaken for sisters (or Jeannine Ford). You have been the one to hear first “I'm pregnant, and oh I am pregnant again, and again....ha-ha" From the devastating day I was given the news of complications in pregnancy and trying to make sense of it all. Then getting through the last few months to deliver, to the sweet moment of you holding Ever after she died. You gave me back memories of that bitter sweet day as I was so out of it. No one could have spoke as you did at her funeral. But when it comes down to it the past 17 years you have helped me develop myself as a mother and have given me a foundation of a testimony that I don’t know that I would have if I had not of lived with you and your family. I watched you with the kids and took all of that in without realizing it. I hope someday I can be the mother you are and have half the qualities you posses. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend and mentor as the Great Laurie Milliron!
Hey Heather,
I think actually that the post came from Arizona where one of my Houston friends is from. So yeah.I think the first time that I saw you was passed out on the couch at Thanksgiving after you had worked all night.
But one memory is going to your house and wishing that you could come and decorate mine. You have such a talent. (You should hire yourself out. I'm sure you'd make a killing.)
I remember you doing our Engagement Pictures ! You did such a great job, how crazy that it has been almost 6 years since then.
Post a Comment