.
1. No worries, it's not a big deal at all that I asked you 3 times on Friday if you had anything for me to look at from school or homework that needs to be signed. Now that it is SUNDAY night before bed, go ahead...tell me all the things you need before school starts in 10 hours. I love getting out of my pajamas, putting my clothes back on and driving 20 minutes to Walmart to run a "quick" unnecessary errand for you.
2. I think it is wonderful that my kids are independent thinkers enough to have the notion that it is perfectly fine to voice their opinions LOUDLY to me and tell me in detail how wrong I am. It is the mentality we need more of....talking before listening and knowing everything and anything more than the other person. The peace it brings in our home is magical even!
3. Being pregnant makes me feel so young and beautiful. Sometimes I look in the mirror and wish there were more tight fitting clothes to show off the bumps that are not baby related. I enjoy having the two options of maternity clothes of either looking like I am wearing a tent or showing everyone all of my body flaws with every nook and cranny in my back. All I know is I MUST be glowing so it makes it all worth it!
4.Getting up at 5:45 every morning to make lunches for 3 people so they can have "fresh sandwiches" (that I am sure they will eat ever last morsel of it) is a great start to my day. That is just after I spend 35 minutes saying "it is time to get up" and pace the hall picking up remnants of the night before. Mornings are some of the most blissful and rewarding times of the day!
5. My favorite teachers are the ones who don't have kids yet. They are so understanding of the madness of running a family, a house, a church-calling, groceries, juggle finances, sports, and whatever else Moms are roped into. I am a stay at home Mom without a teaching degree or job - I MUST be out eating lunch with my friends every day instead of helping in the classroom 3 times a week. Nothing pleases me more than to never get a break from the chaos so please assign more homework, request more supplies, and make me feel bad for not being the PTO President, I need more on my shoulders to make me strong.
6. Hearing people (LDS) speak so surely about what "they know to be true" when doctrine has not even revealed it yet or come close to backing it up. I am sure we must have more than one Prophet among us. It quite possibly could be YOU. There are somethings we just don't know yet - there must be something wrong with that....so go ahead and tell me all that you have figured out because I am sure President Monson might need some insight from you instead of waiting on Lord. (Personal beliefs are one thing ~ don't pull the card that it is even close to doctrine and teach it as though it was) Did I just write that?
7. Thinking about College funds, IRA's, retirement and financial stability is relaxing. It doesn't bother me that all our money goes to pay for necessities at this point. Compound interest must be a facade so we are not losing any money in not setting it aside anyhow.
5 comments:
Heather.....I just laughed my balls off!! Now I have TWO peoples 7 things to read when I need some serious laughter in my life. You are the BOMB! I second the motion on all your things too.
Oh, you are "glowing" though! And that IS doctrine!
Hahaha! You make me laugh! And I definitely agree with you! You are beautiful pregnant - although I sympathize with your feelings!
This is doctrine: You are hilarious!
I loved this! yeah, you won't hear me utter these things either. FUNN NAY!!
If you have any questions about raising children, I can definitely answer them all.
Post a Comment