20080822

You did WHAT?


Okay....so I knew this was creeping up but I honestly did not think she would take it upon herself without a little pleading and bugging me to assist her.
Bedtime last night was getting off to a late start thanks to all the lovely homework. 9:30pm rolls around, Bailey comes to me after prayer and asks if it works to shave with just plastic on the razor. I have no idea where she is going with this and the questions continue -"do you need to use that foam?" - I am tired, I don't even want to deal with one more thing, I just want them to crawl into bed so I can finish my book and fall asleep. Okay this is a pivotal moment for her and she obviously needs answers...I am about to tell her that we can get her some Nair next time I am at the store if she is feeling like she needs to shave her legs. (trust me it would not be such a big deal to let her but I know how she gets with even a bruise. I hear about it for weeks!) It is just eliminating anymore potential drama with a blade and an 11 year old. Plus with her 30 minute showers what would they be now, 60 minutes???? So yes for selfish reasons I have put off the shaving thing for her just yet.

Ohhhh but NO, she would not have it -she had a plan - and the result.
#1 Get a cheap, who knows how old Razor from our bathroom.
#2 Go in the kids Shower.
#3 Began experimenting on what she thought shaving was - I think she may have used shampoo?
#4. Watched the hair fall everywhere (as she says)
#5 Come to me playing dumb and then shows me her legs - bare as a babies bottom.

I seriously was too tired - too in shock she did it behind my back - and too nervous at her boldness to be sneaky that what did I do? I laughed. I do not think I handled it well and quite frankly I am a little worried and sad she didn't come to me first. And guess what - I am having ANOTHER girl. Maybe this next one I will get right and head her off before she takes off with my razor!

8 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Isn't it interesting that when you're young you can't wait to shave your legs, and then when you're old enough to do it you hate it.

n!c said...

congrats on having a girl. funny story : )

Kyle and Melissa said...

LOL I started shaving my legs at ten and my mom almost flipped out.

She is growing up. :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, she did come to you first--she gave you way more info than I gave my mom. My legs were so hairy that I wore knee socks pulled up over my knees so my dresses would cover them (back in the days when you had to wear dresses). When I started shaving I took all the skin off my shin bone and still didn't tell my mom! I say if a little girl thinks she needs to shave--let her:) Laurie

Kim Skinner said...

my mom wouldn't let me shave until I was 12, but she didn't say I couldn't cut every hair off my legs...so that's what I did. Kids will find a way when there's a will. She's growing up on you!

Stacia said...

So, are those your sexy legs in the picture? I remember those days. I was sneeky about shaving my legs too.

Unknown said...

I didn't really ask my mom if I could shave, I think I just started doing it without telling her. And I didn't even really need to. Ok, honestly, I don't really need to now, but back then at least I WANTED to. These days I don't believe in shaving....or showering for that matter.

I'd buy her some Nair and let her use that!!

Tim and Shay said...

Oh boy! I've only got 4 more years. Kenna is always quiet and sneeky. She goes in a corner to cut her hair and clothes or more recentlly to cut all her dolls hair off. Oh my! I cant imagine the things she will do behind my back as she get's older.