
Christmas 1999 ~
6 1/2 month Pregnant(London)
No that is not a piece of my bangs hanging out of my hat....
I totally chopped my hair when I felt so disgusting one day. As if it would make my stomach smaller??? I just got HUGE with London (or so I thought). This was right before we left on the family hay ride for our annual Christmas Party.
Sad part was this was NOT a great memory for me. All I know was I felt stuck with a crying 2 year old on my lap, Ms. Bailey, and ended up getting off the ride and walking home. By then I too was crying.
I think my continual stretch of pregnancy from 96-99 had finally taken its toll emotionally.
I wanted to post this because although I may not be young and as vibrant with this pregnancy, there ARE plus's to it in comparison.
#1 I have an amazingly supportive husband this time around. We wont talk about last time. But I am working on forgiveness.
#2. I am not working full time hunched over a patient up until my due date.
#3. I don't have a 2 year old get in and out of car seats and chase park slides with all my extra time (and weight).
#4. I am settled in a community that knows us
#5. This pregnancy was not something to get used to - thrilled from day one. (maybe shocked but thrilled)
#6. I can better envision the future with this baby because I have seen my other "babies: grow up. It is more real - and more to get excited about.
#7 THE BEST FOR LAST.....I know I will have more grand kids now! (NEVER Thought about that before)
7 comments:
Sometimes it takes the bad experience to really appreciate all you have in good times. This is a lesson that keeps repeating over and over in my life as well. You seem to be in that good place now and I couldn't be happier for you...
You make some really great points. I always like to hear your insights. BTW, you are TOO YOUNG to be thinking about grandbabies!!!
Well, I know how you feel. It is totally different when you have some perspective. I think you look absolutely beautiful. Hang in there, it won't be forever.
This pregnancy is knocking me out ! I never thought about how hard it was going to be to be pregnant, sick, tired, emotional and everything else while having a 3 year old to take care of. I am wondering if I want another Baby, or if 2 is going to be it !
Because I was there when you went through the other pregnancies I know you are in a much better place in all ways. I am hoping Kellie's next pregnancy will be different because she has a supportive husband this time. Love you, L
When I read what you wrote about chopping your hair it reminded me of what you told me Jamie says about ladies who keep chopping their hair. :) I can't believe you're over 1/2 way to meeting this baby in person.
i can't wait for you to have this baby! i can't imagine how excited you must be and your family!
i hadn't thought about grandbabies!!! :) happy thought!
all i think about is future missionaries and...daughter in laws...
Post a Comment