
Jamie and I have been friends since 16,17 years old and we had our share of watching each other date, break up, fall "in love" again, and all the drama in the coming of age years. Needless to say we had our share of drama between each other but it always came back to one thing...we loved each other. Maybe not so much in the way you think love is at 20 but it was a connection we grew to understand was bigger than we knew at the time. So what we are complete opposites, or at least we were back then. He evens me out in a lot of ways and has made me see things in life that maybe I could have not otherwise. I hope I do the same for him.
So as friends at the age of 20 we decided that it would be good to read the same book together and discuss it. (Yeahhhh, like I could sit still long enough back then) It was decided on John Steinbeck's, "The Pearl". So today, twenty feet from me the book still sits on our shelf, unread. It has been stored, moved, dusted off, and each time I crossed paths with it I would think of my dear friend Jamie Darger. The (then) boy I felt a unbreakable bond with. Soulmates, kindred spirits, who knows. It is too bad we took the long road, waiting to match our moods and take the plunge into forever.
Soooo fourteen years later we actually (okay I actually) forced myself to read along with him and discuss a book. So hear it is....Soulmate. Not the greatest book so don't rush out and get it. But worth the memory of connecting in a different way and fulfilling the agreement we has all those years ago.
Try it with your husband, it was kind of nice to have something else to talk about than the norm.
6 comments:
I should find a book for Daniel and I...great idea!!
Oh and I like, Callie Maxine...just my $0.02!
Cali is short for California, so save her some trouble and name her Callie.
I'm going to call her MAX either way...
Love ya
Jamie
I like Callie
I like Callie.
So yay! I win. Thanks for helping us out :)
Post a Comment