20081019

"Be honest with me, doc. How much longer do I have to ignore your diagnosis?."


I mean REAAAALLLYYY...am I being PUNKED or something? So from what I hear (from my Doc, the front office, the lab techs, and Chandler Regional trying to make an appointment ASAP) I do infact have GESTATIONAL DIABETES. Why is it that I am in the 4% of women who get it? I guess the only symptom is extreme fatigue and thrist. I agree on those two. I have been saying how weird it is that starting in my second trimester I was more tired than when I first got pregnant. I thought it was so weird because it is suppose to be the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy as I am utterly exhausted napping twice a day and no energy to get anything done.
So I guess it worked out that I was already scheduled for a c-section because with as big as my babies are anyway this one just might be huge. (another result of the disease during pregnancy)
The good news....I have six weeks left and it should go away once the baby is born.

4 comments:

Fred and Meili said...

Good Luck! I had it with Hunter but he was only 6lbs 7oz. Enjoy pricking your finger every/all day!! Lots of Fun!

Chad~Nicole said...

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Only 6 weeks! Wow!

Elder Davis said...

Heather, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. My mom had it with my 3 brothers, she did just fine. Hang in there only a few weeks left. Call me if you need to get out and have some fun.

Unknown said...

I would demand a re-test! :)

At least you're almost done! maybe you should lay off the reeses cup/sugar cookies for a while.