20081031

Ward Trunk or Treat Party

Didn't take many photos but I did catch a few from when we first arrived. Here are some of our friends kids the Morris's and of course the manly Skyler Johnson as Robin Hood.
















Davin Gillespie














The girls got creative and wanted to go as "Best Bud's" and a big THANKS to Kristen for taking over on that project! The boys couldn't decide what to be as went with the standard Football Players. Quite the change in out home from years ago when both kids would end up with 3 costumes before Halloween because Mom got a little too excited about getting them and purchased too early. BY the time Halloween rolled around they wanted to be something else. This year was THE BEST! No rushing around stores, delegating over costume choices, no last minute melt downs that the costume doesn't fit right or the makeup is bugging them.
IT WAS GREAT. S-I-M-P-L-E!



SO simple that I even joined in on the fun and had Jamie paint my prego tummy last minute before leaving to the party. He is such a sport, but then again he loves anything artistic. It was like giving a 4 year old boy a red crayon and say "Go for it". We cut out a hole in some maternity overalls that I knew I would never wear....sorry Jodi...and whalla!












Surprisingly not many people thought it was my real stomach....I still don't get that but I guess how would they know. I got everything from "I thought it was a basketball to I just thought you painted your shirt"



Well her it is folks for those who questioned it....all skin baby.


The biggest surprize of the evening was that I somehow "won" the Adult Costume Contest. As you can imagine, it was not a competive contest but I saw some pretty cool costumes the adults were wearing. They must have had pitty on me or something. (Or thought I could benefit from Magic DOugh - the prize I picked out)





The end of the evening was just as relaxing as the kids went with Gillespies around our neighborhood as we passed out candy. After awhile we just put the bowl out by the door and Jamie took over for a while closer to our house as I showered and hung out in pajama's. What a difference from years prior of rushing around, visits to relatives, candy rushes - candy crashes....and just plan misery some years when they were younger. HALLOWEEN - I just may start to like you again!

7 comments:

DanielandJodi said...

ugh..I can't believe you cut my overalls! SERIOUSLY...we had a dang conversation about how overalls are goofy! Cut away sista! You look adorable by the way and have the most perfectly round tummy! Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Only you would do this Heather. Mine would look like it had scratches all over it from stretch marks:) L

Morris Mama said...

LOVED your tummy! Glad to hear you and Callie took the prize! You pretty much captured Ella how she looked all night which was her shoving candy into her mouth. Most of it never made it to her bucket. Loved the best friends costume too!

Skye said...

I love it!! You look so cute Heather:) I have to agree with the anonymous post, I could not pull this off either-too many stretch marks!

Tim and Shay said...

What a super cute idea! I love it! I can't beleive how perfect your tummy is. It looks awesome!

Michelle Bebe said...

your tummy looks wonderful!

what a cute idea!

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

TOO GOOD! You are one crazy chicka!!