20081030

My Grandpa calles me "Pumpkin" but he is the Pumpkin Head now


Oh how I love my Grandpa (hate the recent photo of me) but last week we all got together because he is not doing very well. It was such a good day for him it seemed. His mind was there - sharper than I would have imagined even. My Great Uncle Ralph even came from Wisconsin to pay a visit.

















My Grandparents have played a huge part in my life as a growing kid and even as an adult. Looking back they were involved as parents would be. Definitely more forgiving and accepting though....but what are grandparents for!



I was always known as "Pumpkin" from them for some reason. I even made the mistake in High School by telling a guy that in one of my classes...years later in running into him a few times he will STILL call me "Pumpky". The name is just catchy I guess. Well I am passing along my nickname after all these years back to who I got it from. Now Grandpa - you are my Pumpkin Head! Thanks to the talented Kyle for carving your face in one. He is amazingly talented! Come to find out he even JUST moved into our Castlegatge neighborhood. What a coincidence, so be on the lookout for cool pumpkins because that just may be his house. (All I know is it is Great Western)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that is really awesome!

Tim and Shay said...

That's really cool!