20081128

What do you get with Eight hundred volunteers and more than 10,000 hours?

It is that time again - time for the Mesa Temple Lights!
We went to Kellie and Ryan's wedding luncheon at the Landmark and waited around until the Temple lights went on. Thanks Laurie for lending us blankets! Our family was easy to pick out....just look for the 4 people grouped together looking like Indians. Not to mention we stopped at Wal-Mart for some slippers I could endure the evening in. No shame in wearing slippers and a skirt in public right!










As we were waiting for the program to start I heard who was going to do the honors of pushing the button to turn on all the lights. He called up Brook White...."Who?" I thought. I am staring at her and thinking.... "am I suppose to know her?" Then it dawns on me that she was the LDS girl from American Idol. (Is it obvious that I am not an avid follower of the show?) So she says her little speech....no offence Brook but I am guessing when he asked you to say a few words and share a thought it was not intended to be about thanking the crowd for "our" support. I am going to take a wild guess and say that he assumed you would share your thoughts on the gospel or the blessings of knowing where you came from and how it has helped you through the experience. Ohhhh Hollywood - the haughtiness it can get the best of us I guess. Thankfully she finally said "lets not forget what this season is all about" and left it at that. WHeeewwww, at least she got nine little words in after all of the fluff about herself. Oh well she is a cute girl and I am sure meant well. It was just kind of weird being on the Temple grounds listing to someone talk about themselves as though we were there to just see her. I am sure she meant well.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that is REALLY Weird. I am right with you! I would have been thinking the same exact thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey now are you dogging on my
Brooke White girl? What she meant was "As we light these lights, may we remember the light of Christ in our lives, this season:)" L