After we treated the kids to our traditional "eat out together" before Christmas. Usually it is dinner on Christmas Eve but all we found open last year was My Big Fat Greek. So Village Inn it was. The kids love the Funny Face Meal. I loved the fact we got to use a coupon. Pathetic...embarrasing....whatever, saving money outweighs it, so I suck it up and let go of my pride. I am digging Village Inn these days for some reason. I love the hash browns, so do my hips.
Then off the discover hidden treasures at the infamous Hobby Lobby. The kids enjoyed them selves more than I thought and Callie slept through the whole event. What does that equal.....time for Mom to browse leisurely through the store.
I found my one and only Christmas gift for a whopping $7.00. Yeah! I am easily pleased I guess. Now the kids can display their accomplishments and I can have the face of my fridge back once more.
Back at home we allowed them to open one group present, Bendaroo's. Over rated for colored wax in my opinion but what parent can complain when their kids are using their imagination. It was just as much fun for Dad as it was the kids apparently. I did get a flower sent to me though....a wax one.
And this is what I did the whole time....this is what I always do, but I don't mind. Notice the Bendaroo Bracelet the kids were making for her, nice touch. Nothing like a WAX Bracelet, it was sweet though.
2 comments:
Merry Christmas Darger Family!! I am just sitting here waiting for my kids to get up. I just knew you would have a post for me to look at. I'll talk to you soon!
Nothing wrong with the ol' Village Inn!! Every Christmas Eve this is where we go eat after looking at Christmas lights. We also use a coupon if we have it:) The kids love it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment