The Good The Bad and The BLOODY -
you may never look at me the same
So here I am about 15 minutes away from the operating room. Scared to death and trying to be brave.
This is what Jamie gets to see unless he peaks over the curtain...which he quite often did. I got a birds eye view as well from the reflection from the light above. It was one of those things you couldn't help but watch but knowing you should turn away because it was just too much. There is just something about watching your body cut wide open that is not as interesting as it would be in observing the procedure on someone else. The most amazing part is the spinal allows you to feel nothing. The tugging and pulling when she was being delivered was actually relaxing in a freaky sort of way. Or maybe it was the Demimorph that is in the shot as well....yeah pretty sure it was that.
Does it look like they rolled her in flour or what?
Me in post-op recovery room right after the surgery (well the first one) calling the kids to tell them their new baby sister was here.
As I was talking to the kids our sweet baby Callie was swept away to NICU. I had no idea how long it would have ended up being. I had in mind a few hours, not the 6 days it turned out to be. Thankfully she did a little better each day and I was able to hold her after 3rd day. (Longest days of my life it seemed)
Something new I had never had from before....leg massage from inflatable cast like contraption. (to reduce chance of blood clots in legs) LOVED IT!
Here is my trendy accessory that I get to tote around with me. It is a new line called "The Drain". I am pretty sure Nordstroms carries it.
And in Posting this last photo....Complete proof I am heavily medicated on Percocet. Either that or I have lost all shame. I mean who would post a picture of that sober?
GREAT NEWS....the Doctor said my uterus looked as though I had never even had a previous cesection much less three. (I guess it can thin where the previous incisions were and cause you to no longer have safe pregnancies)
Now if he could only tell me the same for the outside of my stomach and scar. Thank goodness for one pieces.
7 comments:
great pics!!!
Why was Callie taken to the NICU?
WOW! That is pretty eventful! I would be in tears and terrified. You are a strong woman! So yea, why did Callie get swept off to NICU?
Loved the play by play. The result is always worth it!
It started that she swallowed to much fluid during delivery (common for c-sections) Then they found a few other issues when examning her. Lamans terms basically the 2 holes in our heart that we all have as a baby never fully closed. She had trouble breathing due to the lungs not dialating and she had very short shallow breathing. The holes in the heart will close due to the size and her heart murmur has lessened so no need to follow up with the cardiologist.
We went to the Ped. Dr. Yest and all is looking great. We are thrilled that she bounced back. I had to wait until the 3rd day to hold her for the first time....it was tormenting to the Mom. Those poor sweet babies in the NICU all have Moms dying to hold them and tell them all will get better. THe nurses did a great job though. Just glad to have here home!!!!
I'm so glad that you are home and all is well. You are a brave woman for this post btw! You rock!
The drainge thing was the highlight of this post...I just want you to know I'm glad you are doing so well.
Post a Comment