
I ran into a co-worker from a million years ago at Target. By the look on her face while catching up it was clear she knew a totally different person than who was standing in front of her. It hit me like a ton of bricks, I was a stranger to her AND to my 'now self'. I forgot how ...well "youthful" I was. I forgot I probably really bugged people bouncing off the walls and not holding a conversation for more than what I wanted out of it. I had a lot of growing up to do. I may have even apologized for my behaviors years ago, in fact I'm sure I did with the embarrassment I felt.
The things I had then:
-A 20 year old pre-pregnancy body.
-A job as a dental assistant
-A paycheck strictly for play money. Oh and play I did.
-A Fake ID , to go dancing of course ;)
-A boyfriend... plus a few flings on the side. Don't be a hater, we live and learn. Plus I married one of those flings.
-White Cabriolet
-Sleeveless Shirts
-Cell phone the size of a cordless phone
-Carefree Spirit (maybe a little TOO carefree)
-No concept of running too fast in life, that it was not necessarily a good thing.
-Passion for Traveling
-An addiction to Excedrin (beginning of a caffeine junkie)
-No desire to settle down
-No Internet...no wonder I had all the time in the world!
-More importantly I had no understanding that as fun as it was ....my life had yet to begin.
(Still fun to look back though and reminisce those crazy years but editing the stupid decisions out)
6 comments:
I love your flashback posts because we get a peek into a Heather we never knew. :P My dad had one of those giant cell phones too...and I thought he was so cool.
You DID NOT have a Cabriolet! How awesome! That was what every girl wanted when I was growing up. White with red interior! All the girls would sit on top of the back seats and go "WooooHoooo!" I wish I had known you during those years, we would have been fast friends. A lot of what you said was a little too familiar to me...
Oh Heather, this post is great! That picture of you and seeing your car just makes me laugh! If only that car could tell stories! I love the ice chest in the back seat! That is classic!
HA ohhhh KIMMY, you know better than anyone. THat car could do some serious damage to your rep too! I wont give it Brians # thats for sure. huthummm....Scottsdale Road to name one.
Wow, thanks for being so honest!
Hey Man, I wasnt baggin' on ya I was just saying we had some fun times in that car! Trips to Showlow, Late night Dennys, all that fun stuff!!! Ha Ha!
Post a Comment