
Callie's Blessing date will be the first Sunday in March. We were hoping to have the family in town to be there (in Jan) but since church switched to the 2:00 block it was too late to wait to drive home back to Utah. March will be simple and sweet. Not many family in comparison but never the less special the same.
I always regretted not thinking of having Ever's burial dress made from my wedding gown. About a year after the funeral I had heard of a mom doing that. Oh how my heart ached knowing that was such a good idea. I wish I would have heard of it before.(I do have a replica dress from the one we did choose though) ANYWAY.... I found a seamstress that is sewing a blessing dress for Callie from my outdated dress that I will never do anything with. I am so excited to have found her. The main part is the hour drive to drop off and pick up (4 hours total in the car after it is all said and done) Her price was worth it and I am so excited to see it.
I searched and searched the web to find a photo of a blessing dress I liked that would work as far as the style of wedding dress I had to work with. I found one that I will make a few changes on but this is close to what it will be like.

I wanted something special to pass down to my kids for them to be able to use it for their girls blessing day if they wanted. Bailey wore my Moms dress. I just love sentimental things. So much that Bailey wore the same thing home from Desert Sam (Banner desert) as I did...from Desert Sam as well 23 years prior. Trust me the dress was not that cute. I kept telling the nurses that were looking at her as I was being wheeled out to the car, "This is the dress I went home in from this hospital" They could care less but I didn't want them thinking I picked it out from Goodwill or something a week prior. I mean no bagging on Thrift Stores - but buy something that has more of a recent look if you are going.
8 comments:
HEATHER!!!
i think the dress is going to be absolutely beautiful! what an awesome idea! i have NO clue where ashley's blessing dress is, and since i have NO short or long term memory, i can't even remember if i borrowed it or what....pathetic, i know. i would love to come to the blessing, so please help me to remember when we are close to march....hahahaa (oh, if you knew how serious i am). i love your blog page. how do you make it look all cute like that??? i made a blog....it is sad....HELP! :(
♥
k....thanks for the "inside" info on the website to go to. i still think i'm too stupid to figure out what i'm doing, but i will try....hehehee.
oh man, i need MAJOR help!! i think i need chocolate now....you know, for the nervous breakdown i'm about to have. LOL!
That's a great idea!
You should have told me you were looking for a good seamstress. My aunt lives at Power and Ray and she is the best.
That dress looks similar to Maryn's sealing dress.
What a fun thing!
I have never heard of that, but that is an awesome idea!!! Too bad I never heard of it or I would have done it too. I can barely stand holding on to my wedding dress!
How awesome! I can't wait to see it. Over Christmas Chad's mom gave me Chad's blessing outfit that she'd just found in the attic and I was bummed I didn't have it before for my boys.
That dress is beautiful! What a great idea, wish I would have done that for Elle. You'll have to post pics of the final product. Seriously, wish I would have thought of that!
OH my crap Heather! That is going to be gorgeous. My mom made my wedding dress and we made Taryn's blessing dress out of my scraps, so that was cool. I saw you running the other day with Jamie and the baby! You are awesome!
ps i don't know if i said this or not but THANK YOU! I can't believe YOU made ME oreo truffles for my birthday! It was SO sweet of you! I should be the one taking YOU treats!
Thank you so much, it made my day!
Post a Comment