20090128

Pre-Birthday started out pretty great - thanks to a group of wonderful people in my life.

I have to say that I look forward to Birthdays and then when they are here I don't really like them. I have learned to not make it a big deal and then they turn out great. I was so glad to go to lunch with a group of women and have Melody and I celebrate together. (hers was yest.) We checked out "The Deli" which is much more than a deli trust me! It was AWESOME and I didn't even get the bread and butter of the place. Definitely a must to try out.
Didn't get but one pic....oh well. Good food - good company.
Kim is our Mathematician figuring out 9 plus orders and who owes what. She's crafty AND smart!













These are a few of my favorite things:

Molly rocks a great bracelet - SO excited for new jewelry of course. Thanks guys! Many sweet sentiments from Melissa (as always) and my Fav....SONIC card - lovin' it Tresure. And who can beat a surprise find of a old wadded up Ten Dollar BIll in my old jeans that I finally put back on? Happy Birthday to me AGAIN!

The card was hand made by my family (not to be confused with card club, I am sure you were wondering :), Sweet and sentimental. Jamie and the kids sang to me before bedtime to start out my Birthday right I guess. It was a nice surprise.


No it is not Canned Chicken (What was Jamie thinking - PEARS...and I have to hide them from the kids. ANd NO I am not kidding - thye are a freak about fruit. Thanks NIcole :) I can always count on her.

And I can honestly say that the last few days with Bailey has been great. She is so sweet and trying hard in everything she has been doing. It is that weird age of I am a kid but I am a teen too. I post this pic because our talks seem to be during "hair time" - all of which we spend too much on if you ask me. But it is still time together I guess.

And at the strike of midnight of the 29th NO JOKE - this sweet little thing finally smiled at me. (everyone else in the family has gotten her to smile BUT me) Little stinker was holding out so she could make it memorable I guess.

This crazy kid has been keeping me laughing today with Obama comments he makes at school. Don't get me started (whole other post) we will just leave it at the fact that I am sure his teacher MUST think he has some link to the negro community or something. All I hear about is him saying that if they didn't vote for Obama then they must not believe in Martin Luther Kings dream. I have NO idea where he even got that - but apparently I didn't believe in his dream either.

I got a Silver Cross Dazzle as a great gift thanks to the parents! Now I can try to be like Marsha Cross - Bree VanDeCamp. Hey if she rolls with it, why cant I?

Tomorrow (well today technically) is my OFFICIAL 35th Birthday. Laurie and I have plans to veg on her couch and watch a movie I have been wanting to see. Grab some lunch and laugh as always. No car pool, no appointments, no cleaning or scheduling my life. Just me avoiding a to do list and hangin for the day . I miss living in Mesa but I would probably be over there too much if I did live closer. Here is to a great day of GETTING OLDER!

9 comments:

Melody Williamson said...

Hopefully no one can see the numbers of the credit cards in that picture! Maybe they can??!? I have no idea what the silver cross dazzle is so I will have to look that one up. Lunch was awesome yesterday! Happy birthday!

Morris Mama said...

Happy Birthday little miss cuteness! I agree about not making a big deal out of it. It's funner that way. Have a great day!

Karolee said...

No, you SHOULD have made a bigger deal about it! At least now I know... ;) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... I hope your day is wonderful!

Chad~Nicole said...

Where is this deli place? Hope your day is happy!

Laurie Elizabeth Milliron said...

I had a fun day just hanging out with you today. I hope you had a happy birthday. Tell Callie thanks for the smile-she likes me, she really does:) And what is the comment with the word Negro, are we in the 60's or is it just you! L

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

I seriously CAN NOT stop laughing about that! I forgot....SORRY - African American WHATEVER (remember my grandpa....me thinking it was polite to say "the colored man")!!!!! Heellloooo

Schurtz Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day with your beautiful kids and husband. You seriously have the cutest kids, wow! Hope your day was as fabulous as you are! ;)

Tressa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one! Lots of love...