20090130

Flashback Friday...Do I dare post this?













I still can not stop laughing at my friends post (see below for info) In case you are wondering...yes this IS me - no make up and a broken nose among other things.
The sad part is this was the day after the accident - day 2 was ten times worse looking as I swelled up so much in the face that I lost the bridge of my nose and I resembled the cowardly Lion off Wizard of Oz. Good times. Nothing like being separated and dealing with things like this. Like I said...I am grateful for my life now. Plus I do have my memory back FINALLY! (well compared to what it was for years after)

Lauries Post:
I spent the day with my sweet little sister friend yesterday for her 35th birthday. She actually is a beautiful lady. On the night of this picture I got a call from her that she had been carrying a large TV upstairs and slipped. Some how the TV ended up on her head and she called her fall back peeps (me and her Grandpa). I took her to the hospital and Grandpa stayed with the kids. She ended up with a pretty bad head injury-stitches and short term memory loss. She still says that it ruined her short term memory. I guess the moral of the story is "Ask for help, before you end up with a TV on your head." Her little girl Bailey is now 11 and her son is 8. I just put that in for her, just in case she forgot:) Oh and she has another baby girl, (she's in the room down the hall Heather).

3 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

Yes, you should watch out for those large TVs. Cute picture though.

Tim and Shay said...

Oh wow! That looks painful.

kelly said...

OH MY GOSH!! i TOTALLY remember when that happened! i think you should blame the T.V. for EVERY forgotten memory.

oh man...i'm gonna call you, cuz i wanted to bring you something for your b-day. :)

i'm lame...i "forgot", and i didn't even drop a T.V. on my face!