To begin with I AM NOT RACIST! - Yes my husband will tend to say I have bigot tendencies but I think he says that because I say things without being so tip toeish on politically correct things. In FACT I feel that I am so NOT racist because I am not so scared to state the obvious - well when it comes to the election I can 100% say that I was bothered by this Obama guy because of his morals - his squirlyness - he seemed radical in some views - I don't agree with abortion - and for the record I was pretty fed up with everyone (my son included) talking about how he made history as the "First African American President". Every time I would hear that I would think to myself....just how many people voted for this guy based on his skin only to "make history"? THE SAME reason I would be upset if someone voted for a woman president only to make history as "the first woman as president". Now I am no political genius by any means but aren't people suppose to vote for people based on the issues and not the novelty. But for now my son has written a paper - yes alone- and it is clear he has caught the fever to. It's the hype of making history it seems. Don't get me wrong America has come along way, I am very glad for that. It is pretty incredible that a country can go from "owning slaves" to the same country voting a black man into the office as the leader of our nation. But could we PLEASE have a president that has better morals and one I feel a bit more comfortable with...white, black, green, or orange? I have to say that I am proud of London's outlook - and I hope he is right about our new leader.
SO the class had to choose a topic of opinion on the outcome of the election. Were they happy - discouraged etc. London was clear how he felt and here it is....
One quote from it:
I am happy the Barack Obama is the first African American to be president. It is as if everyone knows they can be president. Dr. Kings dream came true. Now he will help minority kids all around the country. Obviously London has not filled out a financial aid form for college lately - I am not seeing this is a current problem. But you know what....good for him! Even his teacher was proud of him an read it to the class. Good job my little advocate.
DOUBLE CLICK TO READ....
7 comments:
I don't think it's neccessary to "tip toe" around political correct things. But I don't think that's an excuse to make caustic remarks. My experience is that we say only a portion of what we think...
Everyone has to identify their own prejudices and make peace with them individually.
Love Jamie
loved it.
did you see wyatt's comment about whtie presidents?
where do these kids come from?
My husband is RUDE - and a jerk to make me look out to be prejudice...your on the couch tonight. Is THAT politically correct enough for you "greater vessel" - phfff, whatever!
love , Heather
kisses. Jamie.
It looks like you are talking to yourself Heather and saying it is from Jamie.
Only the hand in your pocket knows how prejudice you are;)
To me Obama is not really a color, he is a man who has ideas that I don't agree with. But nobody is rooting for him as much as I am to succeed!
Post a Comment