20090429

San Diego Documented - CHECK!

Set off for a great vacation requires fighting half way to Yuma. Finally they gave in and decided to become friends. All the reason to take family vacations more often.










Here are a few, or should I say a lot of "a few" photos from our week long adventure in San Diego. Pulling the kids out of school was quite the chore as far as make up work but it was worth it in the end. We are a closer family since the trip - at least I feel we are. Good memories, I don't know why we don't take more of these!












Thanks to Bailey we had documentation on the drive up and photos of the hotel before I got to unpack my camera. She is always there to save me! I am especially grateful for the biker photos she caught of a stranger unaware being photographed. I was quite surprised to see them myself. Glad we didn't have a run in about his lack of privacy.




















We Finally Arrive - the kids were SO excited to have a room that was not the size of a closet.


















More Hotel Fun for the kids getting energy out.


















Checking out the Beach Entertainment before bedtime
























MORNING TRADITION OF THE TRIP:
6:00 AM Walks with Dad in search for the perfect shell




















Mission Beach (Across the street from the hotel)










































The Resort Grounds and extras throughout.....












Hotels Free Arcade that the kids basically lived in when not on the move.













The "Bahia Belle" Mini hour Cruise around the Bay our last night there. Again...compliments of our stay at the hotel.
Fun 3 decker boat with music and dancing. The kids loved the upper deck the was all outdoors. Cold but fun.








Walks together without the kids....nice chance now that we have the two older!!!





Our View of the Ocean from Balcony




Onsite Talking Parrots that Bark and say wacky things to us.





THe beach (on the Bay side) was right on the resort grounds. It was such a great stay. Even better for $165 a night! Granted off season - but the weather was not too bad. We will be back sometime in the future.






















Such a great find...CHULLA VISTA STATE WILDLIFE PRESERVE. Can you believe $18 for our WHOLE family? Its no Sea World, but it was a great adventure. The kids even got to ride the city bus to the site because they do not allow vehicles on the premises do to all the wildlife. They even got to pet the sting rays. You can touch the sharks but I didnt see any come close enough to allow it this time.





































OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO - 175 year old house, shops, and good Mexican Food. All sights free (well except for the Lunch) and much to see and learn!



































BALBOA PARK



































































USS MIDWAY from WW2




























Photos the Morning we left on the hotel grounds

Had to put it on self timer but at least it is something.















We had to make a stop for London at the Pro Football Stadium there - "CHARGERS FANS FOR THE DAY"
























NOT OUR FINEST HOUR
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - were a family





4 comments:

Morris Mama said...

Love all the pics! Glad you had a great time and made it home safely!

dina marie said...

Thanks for posting Heather! Like always, I feel like I have been on the trip with you! :) It looks like you had a great time. Back to the real world now....

Kimberlee said...

Love the pics! So jealous of your vacation!! I still can not get over how cute baby Callie is! :)
You never did tell me what kind of Camera you got! Email me Sista!

Karolee said...

Looks like a fun time! I am dying for a vacation! That picture of your husband with the spit up on his chin is AWESOME!!! Cracking me up...