I am not much into desert landscapes but I can tell you that I am completely envious of my parents view. We spent the evening visiting and in celebration of London and My Grandmas Wingfield's Birthday coming up. She (and my Aunt & Uncle) were traveling through on their way to San Diego to hop the 16 Day Cruise to Hawaii. I'm not jealous or anything - REALLY, I am not! So we shared the evening with them - in all the Wingfield analness - and had a good time. I say that because I come from a long line of, well lets say perfectionist, OCD, whatever it is - it stresses me out! I have learned to just let it go and let our family be ourselves. They have learned to be more tolerant. Grandma Wingfield, she still has a little work to do but I'll give her a break. It almost ammuses me actually. I thought she would never open the gift because the seam of the paper was hard to find. Most would rip the gift open, tearing the paper. Like I said MOST, but like I said - its a Wingfield thing.
I think I am secretly adopted.
As shown here no matter how many talks prior to our visit - kids will be kids.
Which is generally why I age a few months each time and have this look permanently placed on my face trying to diffuse potential quarrels, lesson the talking back, and just try to remember I am raising more than just one child and the dynamics are different than what it was like when I was being raised alone. Breathe in Breathe out
Nana always does a great job of keeping it as light at possible - we are lucky to have her for sure!
Thankfully nothing was broke by the time we left and we had a great time. Good visits are always a plus.
2 comments:
I love your blog updates. I always feel like I have actually been there!
your kids look like mine do, like every day no matter how many times I tell them to stop fighting.
Post a Comment