20090421

Prelude to San Diego

When I was growing up, whenever we ever went on vacation, my mother always cleaned the house before we left. It is something I never quite understood. She said she wanted to come home to a clean house. It was a ritual, and so we always came home to a clean house. So, when I saw Heather cleaning (I mean deep cleaning) the bathroom, when we had a million other things to do to get ready to leave, I thought I understood the motive. "I see you like coming home to a clean house," I said. "No, not really, I was thinking that if we die while we're on vacation, I can't imagine how embarassing it would be for us when someone had to come see this." Okay. Embarrased? They say everyone goes to there own funeral, but I've never heard that the dead have to watch the horrifying faces of those that have to clean out there (dirty) houses. Either way - The bathroom is the cleanest I've see it in a while. How ironic and tragic would it be if someone really had to come clean out our house because we never returned... Creepy. But we just might all be watching from the other side. Ps. Skip the bathroom, it's done.

Love Jamie

3 comments:

Morris Mama said...

I hope you all return safely to your sparkling bathroom! But thanks for the heads-up just in case!

dina marie said...

So funny!!! Brings back memories, Jamie. :)

Kimberlee said...

This makes me laugh. I do the same thing!