20091130

My blog forgives me - major updates




I joking put on Facebook, "My blog is in counseling over the affair I am having with Facebook" That pretty much sums it up. Facebook is a quick 'how is everyone doing' fix without going to each blog. I can click on home page and within 30 seconds read updates on people. Our computer has been purposely placed in the main room of our home years ago and this is one of the benefits of it - access. I can be going about my business and sit for a minute while waiting on something and BAM I know something that I did not know before what is going on with my friends/ acquaintances. I love it. I don't get to get out as much as I would like and it allows me to feel a little connected in a small way. I have found out when people need help right then, I have personally gotten help right then in borrowing something small. Its great - it gets a bad wrap sometime. Go easy on Facebook - he is my sweetheart on the side and my blog will just have to love me unconditionally.

So in the game of playing "catch up" these are some of the happenings around here.

1. Our sweet baby Max a little over a year. Time flies. We love her and have been bummed that I am not due to deliver another this month as we had planned. We ran into a few obstacles with my health that we needed to wait to try for another and since then - well, basically no news yet :( I know it will happen eventually so I need to let go of micro managing the Lords time.

2. We took the older kids on a Royal Caribbean cruise to Cabo San Lucus. The prior vacation in April to San Diego really bonded us and I could not wait to take another family trip. High hope of similar inside jokes and great sibling talks were anticipates. The cruise had a different feel to it as far as family time but we loved the ship and the activities.

I have to say it was a bit overwhelming at times. I would like to go with a few families next go around. There is just so much to do and so many different opinions that it would be nice to have more options as far a company. Also even though we had a balcony room I still felt like it was pretty small for 4 people. Needless to say if the kids go again we will get a suite. Which means the kids are not going probably until they are in high school! Max stayed with my parents for 7 days and they spoiled her. We were so grateful to have had the opportunity to go. Next time I am pretty sure our family trip will be on land though.

























/>






























SHOPPING IN CABO AFTER THE BEACH














And the final night we took in a few amazing shows with the kids. I was pleasently surprized at the singing and dancing talent for a ship.






Goodbye for now and like I said on the trip "We will be back next time - with the kids left behind" I think there are better family vacations than cruises, at least for now at their age.



No comments: