
As most of my friends know we had talked about selling the house. What many of you don't know is why and whats the latest. Without going into full detail of things most don't really care about I have had the itch to move but I can not quite put my finger on specifically why. There is a number of little reasons but I think when looking for persuasion one way or the other you can find it. It all boils down to a feeling of restlessness. I am not certain this is where we are suppose to be for growth in our lives. Now that may be true or that may be my interpretation. I have been praying for months even before I was called into Primary about having the Lord lead us to where we needed to be for the better of our family. I am no stranger to the reality that it is impossible to sell your home for what it is worth. Fortunately we do not owe more than the estimated value which is a huge blessing in itself. We figured it was a good time to break even on the home and find a bigger one closer to Gilbert or more central Queen Creek. I have had mixed emotions on it because of friendships made and the fellowship that has gone out to our family over the years. I love serving where I do and the spiritual growth that comes with it. My kids have good friends and so do we as a couple. So whats the hype in moving? SPACE and a gut feeling. Not much to go off of but we took the leap and started searching for options........
We sat down with Jamies Dad (yes he is our personal finance advisor) and discussed selling and moving the money invested into this home over to a new one with more room to grow as a family. It was agreed upon, we listed the house on Zillow, browsed homes we were interested in..... and unfortunately got the kids pretty excited.
Three days later this happened.
Revelation.

Those who are not LDS please bear with me. We (our Faith) are a prayerful people. We pray about the littlest of things to the biggest of decisions. We believe that we can be guided to do the will of the Lord in his own time in his own way if we are to be in tune to his spirit. I believe this is not that uncommon to other Christian religions alike.
My Father in law is a man I look up to a trust in his feelings and promptings. Even over mine own at times. Plainly said - he called us to both meet with him. During that meeting he said that he was receiving very uncomfortable feelings about the things we discussed and said he was not comfortable with the situation at all. Of course none of us including he knows why but it is what it is. Now is not the time to press forward in looking or even avidly trying to sell the house.
Of course I was bummed. I was ready for 5 bedrooms, I was ready for 3 baths, a walk in laundry, heck... a Queen Creek library card (dont get me started). But when it is all said and done I believe in revelation personal and on your families behalf and I know my Father in Law takes holding the Priesthood very seriously and he is the patriarch of his family. It was a true test to me that made me realize that my faith comes before my wants which was nice for me to realize that I truly do feel that way without such a struggle.
So final decision.... unless something falls in our lap and someone is interested in buying, we are laying low until there is the right time to address the decision to start looking again for a different home.
Plainly put - you have not gotten rid of us yet.
2 comments:
Heather I loved the line at the end of your post....right time to "address" the decision.
I am glad that you are going to stay for now.
Glad you received the inspiration that it wasn't time yet but bummed that you won't be moving somewhere closer to me!
Post a Comment