He is a Teacher. He loves to learn loves to read and whatever we are doing and where ever we are he can find a moment to tell the kids a story or teach them a fact about something.
He can play at their level. I have to honestly say that I have never seen a father spend more free time with his children playing than Jamie does with ours. From endless "playing catch" out back with baseball or football to dress up dance-off silliness with Bailey. Max is never left out of the equation as he can crawl around on all fours hiding from her while she chases him. Everything the kids have ever wrote to him tends to be "Dad always spends time with me and plays with us". The best part about it to me is I know sometimes all he really wants to do is read or sit and watch a game on TV. But when it comes down to it his ultimate priority is quality time with the kids even in those moments he would rather not.
He appreciates nature and can find beauty in all things.
Jamie is artistic and looks at life a little differently than I most times. I am a little analytical and he - well... whatever the word, he can look for beauty all around. Meanwhile his wife is planning and checking off lists in her head. We even each other out I guess.
He allows me to plan out pretty much what I want and is easy going for the most part.
I love that I can sit down and plan out vacations for our family and have every option to look into without a major fuss about where HE wants to go and WHAT I can spend. Basically as long as we can afford it, there are no questions. I did not loose any freedom at all in marrying him.
I have to say that one of the biggest things about him that makes our marriage work is his ability to not need to control or even overrule things I decide. Not to say that he never has - we don't have a new car (we settled and bought many years old and with cash), we will never move out of Arizona (that's all him trust me). So you see there are a couple. Honestly if it really matters enough to him I will give up my argument and trust that he may know better than I. The point is he is flexible and forgiving of me in my headstrong ways at times. The times that he does decide to get a little feisty with me over dumb things, well lets just say it wouldn't last long if that were the norm. I am extremely grateful for his ability to be flexible and patient. He is a great example to me of what patience and giving others the benefit of the doubt really means.
I love that we have held our little family together through thick and thin, at times SUPER thin! I love this man, he has become a strength to me that I never knew possible. We have grown together and have reached a point in our lives that I would not have been able to imagine 10 years ago. I love him and will always be grateful for the time and hard work he puts into this family. We are better because of him.
I am so excited to see the growth we can make as a team for the next decade together. That is if you can hang in there long enough with me.
Late Happy Fathers Day Daddio-0 ! You knew I would eventually get to it didn't you? ;)
1 comment:
Heather, what a fabulous tribute to Jamie. I am glad that I got to read it. I love the picture of him with dad. I haven't seen that one and so I saved it to my computer. I love those two men.
Post a Comment