20120823

Close to my heart



MY LAURELS
2011-2012

Here is a group of amazingly different and beautiful young ladies that helped me remember my youth and all the questions life offers you at that age.  I loved these girls and always felt like they taught me more than they will ever know.  I know that the Lord worked through me at times as I saw the Spirit work on their behalf.  I love this Gospel and all that it blesses me with even when it consumes a lot of my time.  Each of the three girls above brought something, and more, to the dynamics of a Laurel class (even as small as it is). They contributed their God given gifts and helped us unify as much as a class can that is so different.  I have specific traits I admired in each of them and am excited to see what they make of their life.  Sister Perkins will love and embrace them just as much and be a huge help to them.  I will miss my calling dearly.
One of the disadvantages of moving to a new ward - losing those around you.  
My private predictions oldest to youngest:

Kayla: 
BYU student fall freshman year, Aux. calling in Young adult ward, married by 20. What can I say about this chic....shes a freak of nature and a heart of gold. Model of what you always hope your teenage daughter will be.  An old soul and an example to me.  My first Laurel who I had alone for 5 months and grew close too. I love her with all my heart.

Katelynn:
My brainiac and one I prayed for the most. Major university freshman year, focused on studies but almost too smart for her own good.  My little sleep deprived button....life slowes down when you let it and ingrained standards set in to create stability where there is none found later in life.  I related the most to her as much as she never really understood that.  With that being said I feared the most for her knowing what some personality traits brought me in life.  Shes a wonderful girl who I wish I had more time with.

Lastly Cienna:
I didnt get to know her as much as the other two due to time and her being quiet BUT I did see that her mothering nature and book smarts will probably land her married by 20 and totally living up the  mommy lifestyle.  Her talents in music and the gospel truths will always be a strength in her life.  She always seem to try to think things through and be open minded. I envy her abilities to manage all that she has so far. 

I will always feel a special place in my heart for these three.

No comments: