
With the passing of President Hinckley it really gets me thinking of my sweet Grandpa Christofferson. He is just as much a Dad to me as much as a Grandpa. He has put up with all my drama when living there, tried to keep tabs on me while alone in a foreign country, saw me though a rough pregnancy, made me lunch every day for work, babysat, constantly changing oil and brakes on my car...that he co-sighed..loved me when I really didn't deserve it and made me see what unconditional love was all about.I can't imagine all the frustration I caused that man. Watching him care for my Grandma all those years showed me the true meaning of love in a relationship. I have never met a more loving PATIENT man and he will always inspire me to do better...be better. I used to spend hours reading their letters from 1942 when my Grandma was away at college and he was stationed out here at Williamsfield in WWII. There were telegrams, cards, photos, and yearbooks. History came alive and I grew to know a deeper side of the two people I adored. I owe many things to this man and am so grateful for all the memories he has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment