1. Who really cares how wonderful someone Else's husband is - it tends to just make the person reading think of the things "their" husband is not doing. (ok maybe I only do that)
2. If I post the 'good' I feel like I need to post the bad so I don't look like I am in denial of reality.
3. I divulge the fact that I am not an adequate housewife. - oh well, you probably know that already!
4. Everyone else I have seen is on the streak of "my wonderful husband post"
5.BUT MOSTLY I am lazy and it takes thought and time to WRITE in a post. Exactly the reason I mostly past photo's instead!
So Here it goes...
My Dear Husband needs some credit from me for all he does.
For those of you who know Jamie and mine story over the years knows that it has not been a cake walk through a marriage. We have struggled and fought huge trials together and alone. That being said we have had the chance to grow together in many ways and let go of sterio-typical roles. Ok basically Jamie is the work horse in and out of the house. There I said it. He is fine with it, and as you can imagine I am TOTALLY fine with it. I fill my time with other things, sometimes super productive and other times not. Over the last few years I am a person who does not handle stress to well and I have to move at my own pace. If I take on too much I break and it takes a while to bounce back. Some call it lazy others say its all a mind set but it is what it is and this works for us. I just thought after all this time of bragging on my kids I should say "Jamie..thanks for all your doing the laundry, meals, work, yard, kids, dishes and on and on. I truly do love you and how hard you try!" We are not the A Typical Family but we are where we need to be for us. So props to my love!
Oh yah who wants to go to lunch this week...I am bored KIDDING!!!! I really do more than people think so no rude comments next time I see you!
10 comments:
whatever he's cookin' looks goooooood......
don't stress. we all love ya and i know i ain't judgin'!
I say, "Who cares what anyone else thinks, as long as it works for you guys." Ben cooks on Sundays, (and whenever I don't feel like trying to figure out some mystery meal from the cupboard), he cleans the master bath so I can throw up in a clean toilet, and he can clean the kitchen in way better time than I can. He cleans up all the vomit messes, I refuse to take the garbage outside the house (unless I throw it on the porch), and I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.
I forgot to mention, you need to go to Ben's blog and see how to link to yours, it will make you smile.
jamie is a good guy and you are a good girl. you are even more amazing because you trained him right...good job!
What a super guy! And this doesn't change my opinion of you, I still pretty much think you are Superwoman!
That was very thoughtful. WHat a great guy. You don't give yourself enough credit, though. Just by browsing through your cute blog, it is clear you do lots for your family. You have a beautiful family! Hey, I would love do go have lunch, how's Gantzel sound (heehee)!
I'm not really sure what a "typical" family is. I'm not ashamed to say that Chad is a better cook than me. I think it's a guy thing to be able to mix a little of this and that, make it taste good, and call it dinner.
Every family works different from other families. Chris doesn't mind helping with dishes because he likes when I cook. And I don't mind yard work. Just consider yourself blessed to have a great guy. Just because you don't do the 'typical' things doesn't make you any less of a person. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are AWESOME!
Sometimes I feel guilty because of all the slack Dale picks up around the house. I can't even say he "helps" me because he does just as much as I do with the house and kids. I would have NEVER made it in the 50's and 60's when the women had to do everything!
you are so much more awesome than you think.. your husband is a good guy too.. i'll go to lunch with ya anytime.. i love your blog by the way..
Post a Comment