


FOR THIS.....
Yes of course because I am the only crazy one out of the bunch in the neighborhood gal pals who willing enrolled the kids in a school far away from home I of course get a slap in my face of the repercussions of it. Not only every day with the drive ,thankfully I do share but STILL! But our school started earlier and so I had to miss out on the girls night staying at the Arizona Grande, okay The Pointe. I am sure while they were enjoying a relaxing, but non stop laughs and fun...I was doing this~ and oh but loving every minute of it !!!
I guess everything was stacked against me on this one from the timing to the lack of funds to join in this year. Between the tuition to school ( oh I am sorry, they call it a "Life Fund" humphhh whatever), to fixing the truck, school clothes, and not to mention the ridiculous $150 for school supplies. And they say school doesn't get expensive until college....RIGHHHTTTT. I better start getting a better attitude, and Jamie a 2nd job :)
Time to dust off the iron...and I do mean that literally!
No so happy about me wanting a picture of them before we leave...why is that so hard? I seem to remember every year on the first day these two are anti pictures right before school starts. Get over it! It is not like you don't get your picture taken about every day. I don't know why it has to be a struggle every year.
By the time we picked up the Gillespie's and FINALLY got to school, they were doing great and ready to roll this school year. Now I need to get on board. I still can not believe I signed onto this commitment sometimes. Sending them walking one block to the neighborhood school was much easier on the gas AND the stress. I know it is worth it in the long run but I am worried about the distance already.
1 comment:
i love that your daughter likes pink and skulls!
and the school thing! I have totally been there done that. When we first moved to CLT, we were not impressed by the school district. I have never felt that it should be necessary to pay for my children to go to a private school for a good education. That should be given. Anywho, WE opted for a magnet school. Montessori style teaching and loved it. It took an hour to get to with traffic and I had 2 in school, one 2 yr. old and preggers. It was worth it for my children to go there but after babe was born, I couldn't do it, and enrolled them in their home schools. I decided I would be the parent to implement change. Sometimes change was easy for the school and sometimes it took a lot of crying on their part but I ended up satisfied. It is important that parents are advocates for their children and the schools they attend. I was more than willing to volunteer and make things happen for the teachers and district and be very supportive in every way but I also was willing to take an issue to the school board if needed.
Good luck this year in your school travels.
Post a Comment