
I am not much of a T.V. person lately. Matter a fact I am not sure I ever was. The only time I remember watching much was when we had a T.V. in our room. I decided it wasn't productive (or I WASN'T) but it sure was nice to lay in bed with the kids when they were younger and watch Dragon Tails. Ohhh the memories there! There are some nights that I walk past our family room and think "hmmmm maybe I should sit down and watch something alone" It never fails that I can not find something that really interests me. Cold Case (which is one of my favorites) or Law and Order (another one) never seems to be on or when it is the kids are around and it is a little too much exposure. (Law and Order Special Victims Unit....ahhh Ya Think!) So giving it one more try what do I stumble upon, STEEL MAGNOLIAS, wow you would think after seeing it a few times it would not be so emotional. EMOTIONAL - that is an understatement, I seriously think I let out a few ugly moan cry spurts. What is it with that movie and us girls. I am still ever amazed at the acting ability of Sally Field during the funeral scene. It amazes me that it was even acting at all. If anyone has ever been so hurt and angry at the same time - that scene is IT! Want a good cry - rent it. (try to get over the style of the late 80's early 90's if you can and you will enjoy it)
Favorite quote : "You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say...Come sit by me"
3 comments:
My colors are blush and bashful, mama.
Her colors are Pink and Pink!
That is one of those movies that should be off limits to pregnant women.
OK, I've caught bits and pieces of it on TV over the past few days also! Love that movie.
Favorite line: He's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.
Words to live by!
I love it! IT is so true. If you watch that movie without crying, you have a heart of stone. I had a few moan cries in "A Walk To Remember". It messed me up emotionally for days.
Post a Comment