20081116

Belated Flashback Friday (so I am behind, whats new)


After today's lesson in Relief Society (Emma rearing the kids as Joseph was away etc) I had to post this "pioneer photo" of myself at a young age. Man do I look like London! We always thought he was so much like Jamie. Anyway I got to thinking how easy we have it - I get to thinking...maybe my kids would not be so whinny and ungrateful if they actually had to WORK to survive. Get the wood to be warm (or they would die), help with preparing meals so they would get it made in time (or they would die of malnutrition in time), or just plain learn how to work together and be a family unit. Sometimes I feel we are TOO BLESSED and it is a curse. But will I give up my microwave, my store boxed meals...Ummmm NO. But please tell me how to make this better. Sometimes I feel I am raising the epitome of the "I want it all and I want it now" kid(s).
If I hear another "I am STARVING, there is NOTHING to eat" in a house full of food (sorry it is not a houseful of Ruffles and Twinkies) and have given them 3 to 4 options of food that I MYSELF would help them make or make for them, I am going to SCREAM. Last I checked when you offer ANY type of food to a starving person - They take it. And is it just me that has a child that gets frustrated that the food is "going to take forever" when in reality it will only take 2 minutes and 20 seconds? That is A KID OVER THE AGE OF 5!!!! What is wrong with this picture?

2 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

amen to that.

Becky said...

Seriously. Isn't that the truth.