
Apparently taking these, ends in THIS....
When does the fun ever END?????

Note to self....NEVER partake in Amox-Clav....Augmentin. May cause severe rash, hives, swollen hands to the point of no capability of closing into a fist, swollen and red ears, lips, and eyes. (Didn't mind the swollen lips....instant Botox to my thin lips) They made quite the big deal when I arrived....no need to wait for me, literally the receptionist grabbed the tech and I signed in, the tech escorted me to a room and I saw a Dr. with in 5 minutes of walking through the door. It was like NOTHING I had ever experienced. I was wondering if they thought I was a different patient or something. Was I having a stroke? Was I having a heart attack? Come to find out once your allergic reaction shows symptoms in the face region and swelling is involved the very next thing is your throat closes up. Yay, I didn't know that. Good info to know I guess. Thankfully I was dosed up immediately with counteracting drugs and was on my way after waiting an hour in observation. In and out....just the way I like it! Why is it that my pregnancy post-op is never left without a bump or two in the healing process? I will take this over the incision infection that lasted a month with London. I am not fond of gaping holes in my abdomen for that length of time thanks.
4 comments:
Awww! So sad! I hope you're better now! You have had quite the adventure! No more "throat closing up" issues, okay?
I was just thinking about you today hoping that the nursing issues were coming along a little better...and now this. Sheesh! You like to do everything in a BIG way. :) I hope all is well. I'd love to help you in any way if I can.
Wow... Augmentin put me in the hospital too a couple years ago... not from allergic reaction but colitis, where it kills the lining of your intestine and I won't go into the results of that! I will NEVER take it again!!
Thanks goodness you're ok.
Why is it that the universe always spits out the heinously rediculously freaky things at your family?
No, really.
Glad you're doing better!
Post a Comment