20090226

I finally am on the way to taking care of this choking thing!

I say choking thing because I refuse to say Cancer thing. Now WAIT....I do not (that I know of) have cancer. But for the past 12 years. Yes that is not a typo,12 years, I have had a problem getting solid foods down my esophagus with out it getting this clogged feeling. It started with only meats that were not cut small but over the years it has gotten to the point that it happens with anything the is not liquid if I am not extremely careful. It is quite the sight when it happens let me tell you. But fortunately over the years I have learned how to hide it a bit or be careful when I am around others. You can imagine spitting back up water when your food is stuck half way down is pretty embarrassing. Trust me , I have had my share of humble pie at various social situations. The problem is it has gotten worse. I went today and got the first test, barium swallow, upper GI. Thankfully the Doctor at the hospital said that from what he can see it is a smooth narrowing and not jagged. For now it does not look like cancer. I go to see the Gastro Specialist and we will go from there. The scope is next - heaven help me. Not thrilled about swallowing a camera. I am just glad to finally be so sick of it to get something DONE!
P.S. THANK YOU JAMIE - you know me and I would not have gone this morning if it we not for you driving me down there! Sometimes it takes some company to make a dreaded task not so boring and miserable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! mama, that cancerous growth makes you look old...

Love Jamie

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Its the new thing! THanks for the support and encouragment though. ;)

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

if its cancer i'll cut you open my self and tear that sucker out.

Love J

Fred and Meili said...

My Dad had the same problem and suffered with it FOREVER. Finally he went to the doctor and the did a minor procedure to stretch it and he has been better ever since. He is dying now to think that all of those years he could have avoided lots of embarassing chocking moments. Keep us posted!

KristiC said...

I have that same problem and my sister used to, i know the feeling... It SUCKS!