It ended up being more precious and more special to me than I ever knew possible...



Kim Skinners Aunt used my dress to make Callie's Blessing dress. She did a great job and so did Callie by not spitting up all over it. THANK you Kim for taking the pictures of us after. We can always count on her for making a goofy group look decent. I love my family. Too bad for those of you who left or didn't get in the picture...KERRY! Where WERE you? Was your family camera shy??? I cant believe you skipped the photo. I also felt bad Bree had bolted right after the blessing - they drove so far, I didn't even get to see her
:( , and Jenny and Brigham - you are our Barbie and Ken! You should be in the middle. I am sure your primary kids appreciated you making it to class though. I feel EXTREMELY grateful for all the blessings of family. Love you guys.


And later Back at the Farm we had good food and good company
Callie Loved all the attention from her close friends and family
Here is her beautiful blessing: (thanks Kristen, quite the unexspected surprize. I will cherish it for years and years to come)
Callie Maxine Darger
March 29, 2009
With gratitude we come before thee to present this child to give her a name and a blessing. The name which she shall be known here upon the earth and upon the records of the church is Callie Maxine Darger. Callie, you are a special child with a special spirit sent to bless our your family and your home. We bless you with listening ears and a listening heart that you will know of the great plan of happiness and that it is for your benefit. We bless you to have a love of Heavenly Father in your heart and that as you receive that love that you might share it.
Be wise that as you make decisions in your life that the Spirit of Heavenly Father will be with you that you might feel his light. We bless you to have the Holy Ghost with you as you make decisions about your education, the companion you will have through all eternity, and having good friends. We bless you to have good friends and to be a good friend.
We bless you that if you wander away that you will repent quickly and come back to his love. We bless you to be a blessing to those you associate with. We bless your family that they will have the wisdom to bless you and teach you; that they will never be a detriment to you. We bless you with a joyful life and that you will always have the spirit of Heavenly Father with you.
We bless you with these and all other blessings he sees fit to bless you with in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
3 comments:
Heather, thanks for posting these photos. Now I feel like I was there...sorta. It looks like it was a wonderful day.
I LOVED the wedding dress idea - you all looked beautiful! congratulations!
I don't know who pulled off the white dress look better...you or her, but Callie looks like a complete princess!
Post a Comment