20090706

Okay, lets start over... "I didn't mean to break up with you. Will you go with me again?" Check Yes or No



So I have not been that great about blogging. For mine and my families sake I had just better get to it. Sometimes I go through phases where I just don't have the energy or lets face it - CARE - to recreate a moment for documentation purposes. Lazy, depression, who knows - it just happens. My gears shift to more introverted ways and I focus my efforts elsewhere. SO lets move on and hope I don't go on that long of a break again.

I really loved Sister Johns lesson today in serving and one of them was reaching out to others in friendship. I am not great at that. I always have great intentions to "go out" because lets face it - its fun but enviably I stick to my little world and run errands alone and have other outlets that make me feel that I am getting "my time". I totally saw it in a different light today and realized friendship is not just for us. Now don't get me wrong - I am in NO WAY tooting my own horn and shouting out for everyone who is NOT reading this - wink wink - that I am a wealth of knowledge or one heck of a party starter. But it did get me thinking that we all have something to offer in listening to others and I need to communicate more with those around me outside of my circle. My circle that I have somehow made smaller and smaller by choice. The sad part is I never consciously "chose" to make it smaller but it just happens when you keep not showing up to thing or not feeling up to visiting. So moving on - I start with my blog. It will be nice to begin again to look at others blogs and play catch up. I have so many people around me that inspire me (well when your not making me feel like I don't measure up....hey someones got to say it, we have all felt that way right)
Hopefully this is a new leaf and a great move to rekindling some good friendships and making more.

5 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Ooh...Ooh...can I be your friend?

The Clarks said...

Dear Heather-
I'm so excited you're back! Love you!

Laurie Elizabeth Milliron said...

Hey, wake up and read my comment! I am sorry that you have been feeling blue. I want you to know that you are a good friend and light up a room when you're in it. That is your gift! You'll be feeling better soon and get the baby that you want-sounds like a fortune cookie;) Call me, I wanted to tell you something about Gove. Talk to you soon. It was good to see the family the other night. Callie is a doll! L

Cresta said...

Glad you're back! :)

Morris Mama said...

Yay, I missed your sassy posts! I know what you mean about your circle of friends getting smaller and smaller. Moving away, wanting to stay indoors because you don't want anyone to see your huge prego body, and then getting put right directly into primary in your new ward will do wonders for your social situation. Let me tell you.